- Uses and expands the storyline from the Warcraft series of games.
- Customizable characters:
- 2 factions: the Horde and the Alliance.
- 8 races: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Night Elf, Orc, Troll, Forsaken, and Tauren.
- 9 classes: Mage, Warlock, Priest, Rogue, Druid, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior and Paladin.
- 11 professions, enabling resource gathering and item crafting.
- The Talents system allows further customization of the character's skills and stats.
- A casual-friendly character progression system. Quests occur frequently, and being offline (resting) increases your experience points gain.
- A variety of world events, including Darkmoon Faire, Children's Week, Scourge Invasion and the Midsummer Fire Festival.
- Over 25 instanced dungeons, ranging from the Deadmines to Zul'Gurub to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.
- A PvP Honor system, 3 Battlegrounds as well as various rare and epic PvP rewards.
- In-game trading, mail service and auction system.
- Four server types: Normal (PvE), RP, PvP and RPPvP.
- Excellent AddOn and Interface Customization support.
- Client seamlessly supports both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.