|Requirements||A melee weapon equipped|
- It adds injury to insult.
Sinister Strike is a combat ability that deals your normal damage plus a number of extra points of damage which is determined by the rank. You must have a melee weapon to perform. With the Improved Sinister Strike talent, this move's relatively low energy cost coupled with its excellent damage make it one of the most important tools in the rogue's combat arsenal.
Must be facing your target, and you must have a melee weapon equipped (and not be "disarmed").
- The 4 piece bonus of the Bonescythe Armor Set gives you 5 energy for every one of your Sinister Strike critical hits.
- The 6 piece bonus of the Bonescythe Armor Set reduces the threat generated from your Sinister Strike by 8%.
- The 4 piece bonus of the Slayer's Armor Set increases the damage of your Sinister Strike by 6%.
The basic Sinister Strike damage calculation formula:
Aggression = 1 + (0.02 * Aggression Rank) Lethality = 0.06 * Lethality Rank Surprise Attacks = 1 + (0.10 * Surprise Attacks) Modifier = (Attack Power / 14) * Normalized Weapon Speed Sinister Strike = (Weapon Damage + Modifier + Extra Damage) * Aggression * Surprise Attacks Critical Sinister Strike = Sinister Strike * (2 + Lethality)
For more info and detailed formulas to compensate for talents, see Sinister Strike formulas.
- Improved Sinister Strike reduces the energy cost by 3/5, for a total cost of 42/40.
- Remorseless Attacks will give your next Sinister Strike a 20/40% increased chance to crit after killing an opponent that yields honor or experience. The improved crit chance lasts for 20 seconds.
- Lethality increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike by 6/12/18/24%/30%.
- Blade Twisting increases the damage of Sinister Strike by 5/10%
- Aggression increases the damage of Sinister Strike by 3/6/9/12/15%.
- Surprise Attacks increases the damage dealt by your Sinister Strike by 10%.
Tips and tactics
- Often abbreviated to 'SS'.
- Although positioning isn't a requirement for using Sinister Strike, it is still recommended that you try to position yourself behind the mob you are attacking, as attacks from behind cannot be blocked or parried.
- It is recommended that you use a weapon with the highest average damage that you can attain for your main hand when using Sinister Strike, as the damage from Sinister Strike is calculated from a range between your weapon's minimum and maximum damage.