|Shredding Attacks Rend and Tear|
Shred is a special high direct damage attack from behind the target.
|15||Feral Combat||Shredding Attacks||2|
|45||Feral Combat||Rend and Tear||5|
GlyphsGlyph of Shred
- This attack serves as the basis for any feral druid's group DPS.
- Mangle increases the damage from Shred by 30%, and should always be up on the target when using shred.
- You do not have to be prowling to use Shred; you just need to be behind your target.
- If you do not have 2/2 Shredding Attacks then Mangle is better DPS / Energy.
- You will also want to have a Rake or Rip applied to your target before using Shred as well, as it will signifigantly improve damage once you have the appropriate talent.
Tips and tactics
- In Cat Form, especially PvE, this is pretty much the best way to start a fight until Ravage (Level 32); Prowl up behind the mob, Shred for a huge initial damage. This is always a good move when grouping, because if someone else is holding the aggro, shredding from behind is serious damage while in combat (Ravage requires prowling). Best finisher is Rip and with Glyph of Shred the duration increases for each Shred dealt.
- One good tactic is to pick up Shredding Attacks and Brutal Impact. While the target is stunned from Pounce, a cat druid can have just enough energy to use a talented Shred twice. ALSO with 5/5 Rend and Tear the target will take an additional 20% from the Shreds after the Pounce from the pounce bleed.
- Template:Patch 3.2.0
- Patch 1.4.0 (patch date:2005-05-05): Now properly increases the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.