Levitate is a utility spell that allows the target to levitate, reducing the rate of fall and allowing on-foot travel over water-like surfaces. Levitate is considered one of the most shockingly useful spells in the game and is quite entertaining.
Tips and tactics
- Levitate is a wonderful way to escape from other players by running to the nearest cliff or body of water. This strategy is particularly effective when escaping ganks on PvP servers.
- An especially sneaky tactic used in Arathi Basin is to stay at the Lumber Mill and use Levitate to escape off the cliff if the priest is overwhelmed by other players. A sneak-attack can also be performed by safely jumping down the cliff to the Mine.
- If being used to negate fall damage while falling from a great height, the reduced fall speed will increase the horizontal distance travelled and the landing place will be quite far from the cliff. This effect can be minimized by casting the spell mid-fall.
- Conversely, this extended horizontal distance can be used to reach places that normally a player would be unable to get to. This may not be particularly practical, but it can lead to some interesting locations.
- Levitate's water-walking attribute can be used to fish in the middle of larger bodies of water.
- If you are in Northrend or Outland and swimming in the middle of a large body of water, you can levitate on the surface of the water and get on your flying mount without having to swim back to shore.
- This spell breaks on damage.
- Levitate does not allow the caster to walk on lava.
- The minor Glyph of Levitate removes the need for a reagent.
- Mages have a similar skill that uses the same reagent: Slow Fall.
- With the release of 3.2, and Trial of the Crusader, this spell used to be able to hover over the Fire Bomb ability in the Beasts of Northrend, Gormok the Impaler section. This was removed around the release of 3.2.2, as it allowed the fight to be conducted much easier.
- Casts not affected by damage will be affected by the fall if you have levitate on.
- Template:Patch 3.3.3
- Template:Patch 3.0.8
- Patch 1.4.0 (patch date:2005-05-05): Duration and mana cost increased.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.