A type of creature or mob in the game which is distinguished from beasts and undead. Humanoids include most socially apt creatures that show some form of self-awareness and intelligence. It should be noted that humanoids encompass both humans and beings that are roughly similar to humans This does not mean that all humanoids are related to humans.
The playable undead race (Forsaken) counts as a humanoid which allows them to be subject to spells and effects that they otherwise would not be subject to as an undead in World of Warcraft. This also prevents them from being affected by items that give +attack power to undead and prevents them from being subject to abilities like Stratholme Holy Water. This is for gameplay purposes, and only in World of Warcraft, according to published lore in other sources they are like any other undead.
Characteristics in World of Warcraft
- Often can cast spells.
- Usually run away when at low health.
- Drop cloth.
- Nearly all humanoids (except Yetis and Worgen) drop currency.
- Cannot be skinned, with the exception of yetis and worgen.
- Can be polymorphed by mages.
- Can be Sapped and pickpocketed by a Rogue.
- Can be feared by warlocks and priests.
- Can be Seduced by a Warlock's Succubus.
- Can be incapacitated briefly by a Retribution Paladin's Repentance.
- Can be soothed and Mind Controlled by a Priest.
- Normal Humanoids
- Avian Humanoids
- Aquatic Humaoids
- Beastial Humanoids
- Reptillian Humanoids
- Undead Humanoid