Ghost Wolf transforms the shaman into the form of a ghost wolf, increasing movement speed by 40%.
| Level || Cost
| 16 || 23
Things you can do in Ghost Wolf form
- Move 40% faster (The Enchant Boot - Minor Speed enchant has no effect on Ghost Wolf speed)
- Attack with a bite attack (damage and attack speed depend on what weapon the shaman has equipped) even if you have 1 weapon skill in wolf form you will have full skill.
- Become hard to see by other players (though this won't affect aggressive mobs).
- Your ability to loot, skin, and gather herbs remains usable.
- Carry the flag in Warsong Gulch.
- Do a silly dance! (/dance)
- Improved Ghost Wolf will reduce the cast time of your Ghost Wolf by 1 or 2 seconds. Fully talented, this will make your Ghost Wolf spell instant cast.
- Glyph of Ghost Wolf allows your Ghost Wolf form to regenerate an additional 1% of your maximum health every 5 sec.
Tips and Tactics
- Ghost Wolf regenerating 1% of your maximum health every 5 sec.
- Ghost Wolf is treated as a magical buff and thus can be dispelled by priests, hunters, a felhunter, or another shaman.
- Ghost Wolf can be spellstolen by a mage, though the mage won't take the morph effect, he/she will just dispel the buff.
- Ghost Wolf doesn't make you immune to Polymorph. Some players still believe it does.
- Ghost Wolf changes your type to Beast.
- There are four PvP rewards which further increase the speed by +15% speed when in ghost wolf form. (will not work for players above level 60)
- If Rockbiter Weapon has been cast prior to becoming a wolf and the shaman keeps that weapon equipped, it will significantly increase the damage done with each bite.
- Ghost Wolf can't be cast in indoor areas.
- Passive abilities from Weapons and Items and procs are not active.
- Certain buffs from potions and some spells disappear.
- Some weapon buffs' effect are not active (like Flametongue Weapon, Windfury Weapon, and Frostbrand Weapon.
- In Ghost Wolf, your standard Unarmed DPS is reduced.
- In Ghost Wolf, the caster can't: