- neutral ⇐ friendly ⇒ honored
In World of Warcraft, friendly can mean a couple of things:
- Friendly usually refers a Player, Pet, NPC, Town, or City of the same faction as your character (Alliance or Horde) as opposed to being Neutral or of the other Hostile faction.
- When you click on friendly beasts or NPCs, their name and highlight will be green.
- Most NPCs in friendly towns, or cities will be friendly.
- You cannot attack friendly creatures unless you specifically toggle "At War" on in the reputation pane.
- You can talk to some friendly creatures.
- Also the Reputation Level 6000 points below Honored and above Neutral.
- As of patch 2.3 this reputation level gives a 5% discount.
- Certain factions in Northrend sell tabards for players who become friendly. These allow the player to gain reputation for that faction while running non-raid instances at level 80.