Fist weapons are one-handed blunt weapons which are either gripped in a fist, such as brass knuckles, or are worn as a glove, such as claws. Fist weapons are treated by game mechanics as melee "unarmed". This means that, when disarmed, they still deal their listed damage even though class-specific skills that deal additional weapon damage or activate certain abilities are not available. Exceptions to this are certain defensive abilities, such as the Hunter's which is still operable with a Fist weapon while disarmed or dismantled.
- Fist weapons can be enhanced by Enchanting, poisons by Rogues, and by Weightstones.
- Fist weapons can be either main-hand or off-hand (right/left). Players must have the Dual Wield skill in order to wield two fist weapons.
- There aren't a lot of fist weapons in the game, so maintaining a string of fist weapons while leveling is difficult if not impossible. But if you know where to look and are willing to put some extra time into running dungeons, you should be able to find some good upgrades.
- Fist weapons can be wielded by Druids, Hunters, Rogues, Shamans, and Warriors.
- The orc race has Fist Weapon Specialization, which now gives 5 additional Expertise points with these weapons.
Vs. Other Melee Weapons
Fist weapons are very similar to one-handed maces for the purposes of game mechanics.
- Some classes can wield Fist weapons but not other types. Damage for all types is treated the same.
- Fist weapons are enhanced through Weightstones.
- Fist weapons, daggers, and one-handed maces have esssentially the same mechanics except that daggers must be wielded by Rogues to activate certain abilities.
- Because they are treated as the "unarmed" weapon skill, fist weapons, when disarmed or dismantled, still deal their damage even though many class-specific weapon-dependent abilities are not available.
- Criteria of notability is not clear.
- This article has been tagged among the Pages that need revision.
- Gladiator's Right Ripper
- Gladiator's Left Ripper
- Big Bad Wolf's Paw
- The Bladefist
- Kel'Thuzad's Reach
- The Stray
- Greed (item)
- Shocking Claws
- Patch 1.6.0 (patch date:2005-07-12):
- Fist Weapons will now have the normal chance to parry that all weapons use.
- Fixed a bug where broken off-hand fist weapons would prevent main-hand dagger abilities from being usable.