|Talent tree||Destruction, Tier 7|
|Cataclysm, Aftermath, Devastation, Ruin, Destructive Reach, Emberstorm, Backlash|
|Requirements||Target must be afflicted by Immolate.|
This spell is learned when a warlock takes the Destruction talent specialization.
If another warlock has an Immolate active on the target, the Conflagrate button will be ungrayed. However, you cannot cast Conflagrate unless you have an Immolate active on the target.
- increases Fire damage.
- gives spell haste and reduces global cooldown for the next 3 Destruction spells cast after Conflagrate.
- increases the crit chance.
- increases crit chance significantly.
Tips and tactics
Curse of the Elements increases damage done by Conflagrate by 10%/13% based on rank of Curse.
It was recommended to use this spell just right before the Immolate or expires, but after patch 4.0.1, this spell directly deals %60 of the periodic damage of your Immolate on the target, and it no longer consumes your Immolate and will not work off Shadowflame.
The listed damage of this spell and the actual damage will usually be different because Emberstorm (+3/6/9/12/15% dmg of all fire spells; including Conflagrate) is a commonly taken talent in the tier before.
The will reduce the cooldown of this spell to 8 seconds. Keep in mind conflagrate has a cooldown of 10 seconds, and immolate has a duration of 15 seconds. Its a common practice to spam the Immolate spell while waiting for the cooldown of Conflagrate, and since Conflagrate no longer consumes Immolate, you can refresh your Immolate with for keeping up the cycle.
- Template:Patch 4.0.1
- Template:Patch 3.3.2
- Template:Patch 3.3.0
- Template:Patch 3.1.2
- Hotfix (2009-04-15): "We have hotfixed the damage of the Warlock spell Conflagrate from 100% to 70% of Immolate's total periodic damage instantly. The tooltip may still show 100% until a future update though."
- Template:Patch 3.1.0
- Template:Patch 2.3.0
- Template:Patch 2.1.0
- Patch 1.8.0 (patch date:2005-10-10): Conflagrate will now correctly remove Immolate rank 4 from its victim when cast.
- Patch 1.7.0 (patch date:2005-09-22): The Conflagrate spell is now instant cast. The damage and mana cost has been raised on all ranks of the spell.
- Patch 1.5.0 (patch date:2005-06-07): Range increased.