Two-Handed Swords are heavy Melee Weapons, usually taking the form of a longer, broader blade with a long handle or hilt. These swords often have one primary edge, but all generally rely on the ability to slash an opponent with a heavy (and possibly somewhat blunt) edge.
- Both one-handed and two-handed swords can be wielded by Hunters, Paladins, and Warriors.
- 2h Swords can be enhanced by Enchanting, poisons by Rogues, and by Sharpening stones.
- Humans have sword and mace specialization, increasing weapon skill with these weapons.
- Many one-handed and two-handed swords are craftable via the Blacksmithing profession. Blacksmithing also offers other weapon enhancements, such as Weapon chains and Counterweights.
Vs. Other Melee Weapons
Swords, Maces, and Axes come in both one-handed and two-handed varieties.
- Swords and Axes are virtually identical for the purposes of the game. Some classes can wield swords but not axes, such as Warlocks, or have specializations in one or the other. But damage and enhancement effects are the same.
- Swords can be temporarily enhanced through Sharpening stones, whereas maces and staves are enhanced through Weightstones.
- Daggers and one-handed swords have essentially the same mechanics except that daggers must be wielded by Rogues to activate certain abilities.
- All two-handed weapons, including two-handed Swords, polearms, and staves, have essentially the same game mechanics.
- , the weapon of Alexandros Mograine
Human Sword Specialization grants +5 to skill with 2h Swords, making for a max skill of 305.